Thursday, March 19, 2009

Making Sense of Things




Hello everyone and thank you if your actually going to spend your next few minutes reading this. I don't usually write on any blog sites and I don't have a My Space or Face Book account. I really just wanted to have a place to write down some of my thoughts and experiences.
This will be my first real blog. I've actually written one other blog but it was over a year ago and it was more of an attempt to sell something than an actual meaningful post. Last year I was trying to do the whole MLM thing and it never really took off for me. That doesn't mean I've given up, I just don't pursue the MLM side of marketing as much anymore.
Anyway...
That was a year ago and this is now, and boy have things changed. If you've seen the picture on my profile you will see that I'm holding my youngest son in my arms, he was only a few months old in that picture but now he's turned into a little boy. He just started walking not to long ago and is just now starting to be able to feed himself. He must be a fast learner (gets that after me) because it only took him a couple of tries for him to manage keeping the spaghetti on his toddler spork. They grow up too fast sometimes, my oldest is now eight years old and he's just as rambunctious as ever.
Until just recently I was working at a factory doing a Data Entry job and everything was going as well as it could until (you guessed it) they laid me off. For two years I had been the sole provider for my family and suddenly I was out of a job. So like many other people today I spend every other week in the unemployment line. I am still unemployed and my wife has taken on a part time job but its not all bad.
I've been able to spend a whole lot more time with my kids and I've been able to be there when my youngest hit a few of his recent milestones. Now I know why my wife didn't want to go back to work after such a long hiatus.
That's what has gotten me thinking, I don't want to have to go back to work and I don't want my wife to work. I want my family to have and enjoy all the things that I never had. So now I'm on a mission to make my home business work. It's the only thing that I can think of that will allow me to have the lifestyle I want and the income I deserve. I've tried (and failed) many things in the past so I have a much better sense of how things work this time around.
So wish me luck if you will and I will do you the same, we all deserve to be unburdened by financial setbacks and I hope to do just that.

BTW, If you happen to play X-Box Live you should check me out sometime and well play some games. My gamertag is Element H and I usually play Halo Wars, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2, and all of the Guitar Hero Games (my wife likes GH too). I usually play later in the evening and at night, during the day I'm doing the whole daddy daycare thing and working on my business.

Thanks again for reading.